- 9 May 2022:
2nd GeoDataScience and UQ group research dissemination on-line open day.
The programme for the day will offer a series of presentations across various aspects of machine learning applications to reservoir uncertainty modelling workflows: seismic interpretation, geological pattern recognition from outcrops, fluvial facies modelling with GANs, dynamic data integration into fracture reservoir modelling and multi-objective optimisation of reservoir production to tackle CO2 emission targets.
In the afternoon we will present a new HWU JIP initiative on Uncertainty quantification of geomechanically sensitive reservoirs and welcome interested companies to join.
- Learning geological patterns from outcrops by using computer vision methods, Athos Nathanail
- A GAN-based Workflow for 3D Fluvial Facies Modelling, Chao Sun
- Integrating geological uncertainty and dynamic data into modelling procedures for fractured reservoirs, Bastian Steffens, PhD overview
- Well Grouping and Control Optimisation for CO2 Emission Offset in Field Production, Amirsaman Rezaeyan
- New JIP: GMUQ – Uncertainty quantification of geomechanically sensitive reservoirs
- February 2022:
“GeoScience Meets DataScience” – Researcher Links workshop to be hosted by Heriot-Watt, sponsored by the British Council.
- February 2021:
GeoDataScience group Open on-line research dissemination day for industry and academia, over 70 participance from dozens of companies:
- Turbidite fan interpretation in 3D seismic data by point cloud segmentation using Machine Learning, by Quentin Corlay
- Machine Learning for sedimentary structure classification, by Athos Nathanail
- Modeling variations of complex geological concepts with Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) learning from process modelling , by Chao Sun
- How Generative Networks can help improve geological history matching, by Gleb Shishaev
- A workflow with dynamic screening assisted, automated fractured reservoir modelling, by Bastian Steffens
- Can agents model hydrocarbon migration? , by Bastian Steffens & Quentin Corlay